|Home | Departments | Office Staff | Infrastructure | IGNOU | Contact Us|
Completed Research Projects (2009 June to 2013 June):
1. Dr. Utpal De, Department of Chemistry Minor Research Project Rs.90,000 2010 Isolation and Characterization of Chemical Constituents of Erioglusum edule and Combretum roxburghii UGC (NERO).
2. Dr. Sikha Banik, Department of Botany Minor Research project Rs.1,35,000 2013 Investigation on Important Aeromycoflora in Extramural and Intramural Environments at Two District of Tripura UGC (NERO).
3. Sri Niranjan Das, Department of Chemistry Minor Research Project Rs.1,10,000 2013 Chemical Constituents of Sida Glutinosa, and Some Other Medicinal Plants of Tripura and Study of Their Biological Activity UGC (NERO).
Sanctioned Minor Research Projects (2009 June to 2013 June):
1. Dr. Partha Sarathi Debray, Department of Human Physiology Minor Research Project Rs.1,49,600 sanctioned on 28/03/2013 Study on Automatic Nervous System of the College Students of Tripura UGC (NERO).
2. Dr. Ashish Bhowmik, Department of Commerce Minor Research Project Rs.1,50,000/- sanctioned on May 2013 Problems and Prospects of Silk Industry in Tripura UGC (NERO).
Details of the faculty engaged in individual research for Ph.D./M.Phil.:
1. Sri Niranjan Das Department of Chemistry Chemical Constituents of Sida Glutinosa and Other medicinal Plants of Tripura Ph.D. completed successfully Tripura University, 2014.
2. Mr. Rousan Ali Department of Physics VLF-LF Propagation Characteristics in Relation to Solar Activity and Local Climatic Conditions Ph.D. at the final stage of public seminar Tripura University.
3. Ms. Rajshree Dutta Department of Political Science Stability and Shifts in Party Support in India: A Multilevel Analysis, 1952-2009 Ph.D. completed successfully Hyderabad University, 2014.
4. Smt Somali Saha Department of English Repression and Resistance in Dalit Womens Autobiographies: A Select Study Ph.D. at the beginning stage Assam University, Silchar.
5. Sri Krishnendu Das Department of Mathematics A Study on Some Classes of Symmetric Rings Ph.D. at the beginning stage Assam University, Silchar.
6. Smt. Sumana Majumder Department of Psychology HIV/AIDS and Female Sex Worker in Tripura Ph.D. at the beginning stage Assam University, Silchar.
7. Smt. K.V.Geetha Department of Zoology Ph.D. course work completed Tripura University.
8. Sri Asish Bhowmik Department of Commerce Ph.D. course work completed Tripura University.
9. Smt. Patriot Debbarma Department of English Ph.D. course work completed Assam University, Silchar.
10. Sri Joydeep Talapatra Department of Physical Education completed RET for Ph.D. Tripura University.
11. Ms. Arpita Das Department of Psychology completed RET for Ph.D. Tripura University.
12. Ms. Esther Rengsi Department of History completed RET for Ph.D. Tripura University.
Seminars/Workshops/Invited lectures/Sensitization programmes
1. Netaji Subhash Mahavidyalaya had organized an intra-college level seminar on Gurudev on 22nd September, 2010 celebrating Tagores 150th Birth Anniversary. Sri Bikach Choudhury, an eminent writer of Tripura and Professor Satyadeo Podder, Department of History, Tripura University delivered talks on Gurudev.
2. Department of Botany had organized a one-day inter-college seminar on Environmental Protection on 23rd December, 2010 celebrating the 150th Birth Anniversary of Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose. Professor S. Chanda, former Professor & Head of the Department of Botany, Bose Institute, Kolkata was the resource person. He delivered a special talk. Dr. Prabir Chakraborty, Assistant Professor (Retd.) of the Department of Zoology, M.B.B. College, Tripura was the chairperson of the technical session. Six teachers presented their papers and many students and teachers participated in poster presentations.
3. Netaji Subhash Mahavidyalaya had organized a one-day intra-college level seminar on Mental Disability on 22nd December, 2011.
4. Department of Economics and Department of Commerce had jointly organized a workshop cum awareness programme on Cooperatives Make a Better World on 15th July, 2012 supported by the Department of Cooperatives, Government of Tripura towards the International Year of Cooperatives with a total of 100 participants. Sri Guruprasad Bhattacharjee, Deputy Register of Gomati and South Tripura District, Dr. Sanjoy Roy, Principal of Netaji Subhash Mahavidyalaya, Dr. Bimala Kishore Acharya, A.P., Department of Commerce, Sri Dibyendu Banik, A.P., Department of Commerce, Smt. Ananya Sinha, Head, Department of Economics, Sri Rupak Das, A.P., Department of Commerce delivered their speech on different aspects of cooperatives. Students and teachers interacted with the speakers.
5. Netaji Subhash Mahavidyalaya had organized a national seminar on Recent Trends in Environmental Research & Management on 8-9 September, 2012 funded by UGC (NERO), DST (New Delhi), CSIRHRDG (New Delhi), TSPCB, SBI (Udaipur Branch, Tripura), OTPC (Palatana, Tripura). As the necessity of well management of guests and delegates the seminar was collaborated with Udaipur Nagar Panchayat, Udaipur. Professor P.S. Ramakrishnan, JNU, New Delhi was the resource person. Dr. Gopal Das of IIT Guwahati, Professor S.C. Santra of University of Kalyani and Dr. Sunil Kumar De of Tripura University were the chairpersons of the technical sessions. Besides, all of them delivered talks. 14 delegates participated in oral presentation and 30 delegates participated in poster presentations in the seminar.
6. Department of Political Science had organized a two-day national seminar on Ethnic Integration in the North East India: Issues and Challenges, 21-22 December 2012 funded by UGC (NERO). As the necessity of well management in guest house the seminar was collaborated with Dakshin Tripura (undivided) Zilla Parishad, Udaipur. Professor Madhurendra Kumar, Kunuan University was the resource person who also the chairperson of the technical sessions. 27 papers were presented in the seminar.
7. Department of Economics and Department of Commerce had jointly organized an intra-college level workshop on Data Dissemination of Census 2011 on 12th September 2013 supported by Directorate of Census of India, Government of India, Agartala Branch. Dr. Anup Kumar Dutta, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, B.B.M. College, Tripura delivered a talk on Dissemination of Census Data. Two officers from the Census office had also delivered talks. They represented an overview of census data 2011 highlighting the state Tripura. 100 students (at least 5 from each Department of the College) participated and many of them interacted with the speakers.
8. Department of Botany had organized a one-day invited lecture on Recent Advancement of Biotechnology on 1st October 2013. Professor Aparna Dutta Gupta, FNA, FASc, FNASc, FAPAS, an eminent Professor from the University of Hyderabad who has patent and advance ongoing research on Biotechnology delivered a lecture under INSA fellowship programme. Students interacted and shared knowledge with the personality.
9. Departments of Life Sciences in collaboration with the State Bio Tech Hub of Tripura University had organized a workshop on Basics in Biotechnology on 29th November 2013. Dr. D. Maity, Associate Professor, Tripura University delivered a talk on Basics of DNA and Dr. S. S. Singh, Assistant Professor, Tripura University delivered a talk on Protein Separation and they had given practical demonstrations in the lab on DNA Isolation and Protein Separation to the students.
10. Netaji Subhash Mahavidyalaya had organized a discussion on Adwaita Malla Barman celebrating his 100th Birth Anniversary on 23rd December 2013. Dr. Gopal Mani Das (senior faculty of Bengali), Ex-Principal, B.B.M. College, Tripura and Dr. Nityananda Das, Associate Professor, Womens College, Tripura delivered talks on Adwaita Malla Barmans writings for the backward community Malo. The faculty members of the Bengali Department of the college have also discussed.
11. The Science Forum unit of the College had organized an invited popular talk on Rachel Carson and Silent Spring on 9th January 2014 supported by Tripura State Council for Science and Technology. Dr. Arunabha Misra, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Vidyasagar College and Joint Secretary of Paschim Banga Bijnan Mancha was the resource person. He enlightened the audience on Rachel Carsons life history, brief familiarization with her environment related writings, her environment awareness related writings in Popular Sciences and about her three publications of 1962. After that he had spoken on Rachels popular publication in America on Silent Spring. Students as well as teachers of the College and students as well as teachers of Ramesh Higher Secondary School and Shalgara Higher Secondary School of Udaipur sub-division had participated in this talk.
List of Invited Speakers from outside Tripura
List of Invited Speakers from Tripura University
List of Invited Speakers from Colleges of Tripura